I would like to announce the first Awareness School men’s retreat – Friday October 2 through Sunday October 4, 2020 – at the Awareness School Homestead on San Juan Island. The theme of this retreat is “What Does it Mean to be a Man?”. At this retreat we will work with this question while enjoying the society of our fellow “brothers on the way” as we make our journey together.
Our retreat will be oriented around the following activities
- Morning and evening meditations
- Men’s movements (Hoya Dervish)
- Discussion of the ideas, aims, and methods of the Awareness School, especially with respect to men
- Practical work including building a woodshed, cooking, chopping wood, surveying property boundaries, and prepping for winter
In addition there will be hearty food, enjoyment of wildlife, the outdoors, and each other.
- Retreat starts Friday October 2 at 11am – folks are welcome to come Thursday night (schedule), or take the 8:55 ferry from Anacortes on Friday morning (schedule)
- Retreat ends Sunday October 4 at 3pm – folks can catch the 4:30pm ferry back to Anacortes (schedule)
- Awareness School will pickup/dropoff at the Friday Harbor ferry terminal (no need to take your car on the ferry).
- Cost is $250 per person ($150 for Awareness School members) – this includes shared tent accommodation, food, and transportation from and to the Friday Harbor ferry terminal to the property.